All links in blue on this page are clickable and will take you to the website of that agency. If your community agency wishes to be listed here, please contact our office.
Our staff members have served on a number of non-profit boards in the Battlefords, have worked with pro bono associations, and continue to work with service organizations serving the community and the province of Saskatchewan. Our staff members are committed to making our community, our province, and our country an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.
Please note that a service’s or agency’s listing on this page should not be taken as an endorsement of that service or agency. We list the following agencies for informational purposes only.
Some situations that may be bringing you to our website may also require help that other organizations can better provide to you. Please see the section below for information on some free legal-focused and other community organizations and resources in the Battlefords and from across the Province that may be of assistance to you:
Battlefords Free Legal Clinic: Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan
- Catholic Family Services of the Battlefords provides office space to a free legal clinic operated through Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan in their offices at No. 101, 1272 -101st St. in downtown North Battleford on the first and third Wednesday of every month from 9:30 a.m. to noon. It is not a drop-in clinic, and appointments are required for the service. Those may be scheduled by calling the toll-free line at 1-855-833-PBLS (7257).
PLEA (Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan)
- PLEA provides free public legal information and education to citizens of Saskatchewan.
Legal Aid Saskatchewan
- If you need help with family law (custody, child support, divorce, etc.) or criminal law, and fit into the financial criteria located here you may qualify for assistance from Legal Aid Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Family Law Help
- Family Law Saskatchewan is an extremely helpful website for people who must be self-represented for family law matters in Saskatchewan. It will assist you with filling out forms and preparing applications on your own behalf, if you are unable to afford legal representation.
- Family Law Information Centre will assist anyone who contacts their office by providing legal information, regardless of income or whether they have private counsel. This service is provided by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Justice, and is publicly funded.
- Family Law Information Centre – Self-Help Kits – you can email or call the number on this webpage to obtain a kit and instructions for filling out court forms. This service is provided by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Justice, and is publicly funded.
- MySupportCalculator.ca – this website provides an easy-to-use calculator in order to estimate child and spousal support which is payable, based on the income and family structure of the payor and recipient in family law situations.
- The Federal Child Support Guidelines – this document is the current, official version of the Federal Child Support Guidelines which details the amount of child support payable, based on the province of residence of the payor and the income of the payor.
Community Assistance Organizations in the Battlefords and Saskatchewan
- The Lighthouse Supported Living Inc. – provides emergency shelter, supported living, and affordable housing to those in need in the Battlefords.
- Battlefords Immigration Resource Centre – If you are new to Canada and settling near North Battleford, this centre can help you out with immigration and refugee questions regarding everything from immigration and visas, life resources, and education.
- Battlefords Boys and Girls Club – This is a non-profit agency created to provide for the recreational, cultural, educational, and social needs of all children 6 – 14 years of age in our community. They work to provide opportunities where children can socialize with one another in a safe and nurturing environment. The Battlefords Boys and Girls Club was established in November 1976 and has been serving our community ever since.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Battlefords – This organization facilitates life-changing relationships between young people in the Battlefords, and adults who can provide mentorship and guidance.
- PATHS – Battlefords Interval House – For people experiencing domestic abuse or family violence, women and their children can be provided with safe housing and support through this organization.
- Suicidal Thoughts? The Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP) – This website provides contact information for a variety of suicide prevention resources and services available across Canada.
- Information for Victims of Domestic Violence – This webpage provides information and resources if you are in a situation where you are suffering domestic violence. You can also click here for a list of resources available in Saskatchewan (or elsewhere in Canada).
- Personal Bankruptcy in Saskatchewan (Credit Counseling Society) – This non-profit organization can assist if you find yourself in severe debt. There may be fees associated with some services this organization provides.